10. Sınıf İngilizce 2.Dönem 3. Yazılı Soruları ve Cevapları

CADEMIC YEAR TATVAN ANATOLIAN HIGH SCHOOL 2nd
TERM 3rd WRITTEN EXAM FOR 10th GRADES
NAME&SURNAME: CLASS&NUMBER : MARK:
A. Choose the best answer for each
Dream or Fact
A very dark night I was driving home from the office.
It was late and I was very tired. I was listening to the radio and I was alone. Something was different on the horizon .There was a strange light in the sky. At first I thought it was the moon or a very big star but it was moving slowly, in a strange way. It was a huge object. It was grey and seemed to be made of some kind of shiny metal. It had lots of green lights and had many windows. It was oval and sounded like a whistle. As if a small bird’s tweeter, but it was bad.
I was really scared and I wanted to hide but I couldn't move. It was getting closer and closer and I remember that I saw a strange creature through the window it looked really aggressive. It was wearing a helmet and its face was cruel I thought they were going to attack me. Suddenly the UFO disappeared.
Nobody believed me because I couldn’t take a photo but I will never forget this experience.
Answer the questions 1-3 according to the text.
1. What was the writer doing when he saw a strange light in the sky?
a) He was walking home.
b) He was driving for work.
c) He was working at the office.
d) He was driving back home from work.
2. The light couldn’t be the moon because…
a) It was not so big. b) It was moving.
c) It wasn’t shining. d) It was not oval.

3. Nobody believed the man because…
a) he wasn’t telling the truth
b) he didn’t see anything
c) he couldn’t have any photos
d) he couldn’t remember anything

4. ___ I was having a shower, the electricity went off.
a) while b) when c) then d) with

5. When we ____ accident, it was raining heavily.
a) have b) were having c) had d) were had

6. Carol: Have you heard the ____ news about Jane&Ted?
Alice: About their getting married. Yes, I have. I was very _____. They’re always fighting.
a) surprising/shocked c) surprising/shocking
b) surprised/shocking d) surprised/shocked

7. I had a very ____ day. It was my birthday. My family gave a surprise party. I got lots of presents. I felt so happy.
a) interesting b) excited c) depressing d) frightened

8. I called my friend ____ feed my dog when I was on holiday.
a) so that b) so c) in order to d) so to

9. I went to bed early ____ I could wake up early in the morning.
a) in order b) to c) because d) so that

10. The ABC of first aid stands for A: airway, B: ________ and C: Circulation
a) bleeding b) breaks c) bandages d) breathing

11. As he……….. along the street, two men………..to argue
a) walked/ was beginning b) walks/ begin
c) was walking/ began d) had walked/wasbeginning

12. The woman said that she saw a _____. It was a disk
shaped metallic object, rolling and reflecting a light.

a) planet b) UFO c) humanoid d) fantasy


13.A travel agent………..
a) protects an important person
b) makes sculptures
c) performs operations in the hospital
d) arranges people’s holidays or journeys

14. They………on their term work for a month but they ….it yet.
a) worked/ didn’t finish.
b) have worked/ haven’t been finishing
c) have been working / haven’t finished
d) are working/ didn’t finish.

15. ………….had gone badly. It was my fault.
a) nothing b) everything
c) something d) anything

16. I called you last night but …………answered the phone.
a) nobody c) somebody
b) everybody d) anybody


17. I forgot ………………………..my appointment with the doctor.
a) cancel b) to cancel c) cancelled d) cancelling

18. I haven’t got dressed …….., so you have to wait for me
a.yet b. never c.for d.ever

19. What’s wrong with Jenny? She ‘s got a……on her hand.
a. causalities b. bandage
c. emergency d. injury

20.You aren’t allowed …………….mobile phones on a plane.
a. using b. to be used c. to use d. to using

21. I ……………..my friends call me at night .
a. don’t let b. am not allowed
c. don’t allow d. haven’t allowed

22. The first man …………………..to the Moon in 1969.
a. was sent b. was sented c. has been send d. sent

23.”Don’t panic “ he said.
a. He said not to panic b. He said not panic c. He told not panic d. He asked not to panic.

24.After Terry …………………(had)a shower, he went out.

25.While he ……………….……(shave), he cut himself.

26.They had repaired the car before they …………………..(go) on a holiday.

27.When I ……………..…..(see) him, he was polishing his car.

28.Before she …………….…(leave) the city, she had visited ancient monuments and museums.

29..Last night I was really ...................because I had nothing to do.
a.boring b.amazing c.bored d. amazed

30.. ‘…………………….’means to get better.
a.medication b.recover c.bleeding d.poisoning

31. The astronouts travelled to the moon in a ……………. .
a) hump c) abducted
b) spacecraft d) aliens

32. ”Do people in the USA kiss their elders’ hands?”
a. He asked me if people in the USA kiss their elders’ hands
b. He asked me if people in the USA kisses their elders’ hands
c. He asked me if people in the USA kissed their elders’ hands
d. He asked me if people in the USA had kissed their elders’ hands.

33.Robert said that ……………………………………………………
a) he was dismissed last week.
b) he was dismissed the previous week
c) he had dismissed the previous week
d) he would be dismissed last week

34. The leaning tower of Pisa...........................between 1173and 1372.
a) was built b) is built c) were built d) was building



B. Correct the punctuation and capitalization mistakes and put the punctuation marks where necessary. (15 points)


KITES FESTIVAL

berck is the first major event of the european kite season. and it is one of the largest too fliers come from a dozen countries with their creations they test their kites on the english channel the beach is huge but quickly filled with kites and fliers.
the event lasts ten days most of the participants are old friends who return to berck each year.










GOOD LUCK








ANSWERS


1.
A
B
C
D
2.
A
B
C
D
3.
A
B
C
D
4.
A
B
C
D
5
A
B
C
D
6
A
B
C
D
7
A
B
C
D
8
A
B
C
D
9
A
B
C
D
10
A
B
C
D
11
A
B
C
D
12
A
B
C
D
13
A
B
C
D
14
A
B
C
D
15
A
B
C
D
16
A
B
C
D
17
A
B
C
D
18
A
B
C
D
19
A
B
C
D
20
A
B
C
D
21
A
B
C
D
22
A
B
C
D
23
A
B
C
D
24
A
B
C
D
25
A
B
C
D
26
A
B
C
D
27
A
B
C
D
28
A
B
C
D
29
A
B
C
D
30
A
B
C
D
31
A
B
C
D
32
A
B
C
D
33
A
B
C
D
34
A
B
C
D


Load disqus comments

0 Yorumlarınız